- Conduct on-site inspections of buildings, structures, mobile homes and land to ensure compliance with the Ogle County Amendatory Zoning Ordinance and Ogle County Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance. Document inspections in both hard copy and in digital mapping database. Follow up Zoning Certificates to ensure that an Occupancy Certificate has been issued and contact applicants to schedule an inspection when one is required either when a project has been completed and being used without an Occupancy Certificate having been issued or when the 24 month limitation is pending.
- Investigate complaints received to determine if a violation or violations exist and follow up inspection(s) and informing violator(s) of the nature of the violation and the corrective action necessary. Pursue legal action through the Ogle County Hearing Code Unit and Ogle County State’s Attorney’s Office if necessary and appear in Court to testify as a witness. Inform complainant of actions taken. Document all actions, inspection field notes, conversations, etc.
- Take applications over the counter and by email for Zoning Certificates and assist the public with answering their questions.
- Answer telephone calls regarding the above.
- Assist applicants and the general public in reading and interpreting Beacon GIS maps, aerial tax maps, subdivision plats, FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps and U.S.G.S. topographical maps, etc.
- Assist in assigning official Ogle County house numbers and assist with U.S. Census Bureau addressing program.
- Assist with digital GIS mapping and GPS field mapping.
- Archival scanning of Zoning Certificates and adding house number and other pertinent reference information to archived Zoning Certificates for database purposes.
- Do research and work on special projects for the Planning and Zoning Administrator or for the general public (FOIA, etc.).
- Covering duties in the absence of the Office Manager (processing mail, processing Zoning Certificates, etc.)